Saturday 30 January 2016

A Soul's Redemption Background Music

Music for A Soul's Redemption from Elsie Williamson on Vimeo.
Planning Process of writing the song:
Elsie Williamson's Slidely by Slidely Slideshow
I used audacity to record the background music for the opening of our thriller. I taught myself how to use it, for instance I found out how to mute the audio in parts in which there is no singing or guitar playing. I also learnt how to add effects but decided not to use any. The reason for this is because I think that it would sound more creepy and uneasy if the sound was crisp. Another, thing I learnt how to do was alter the volume levels on each separate recordings. Therefore, I altered the guitar recording so it was quieter which would make the vocals more clear. I also wrote most of the lyrics but I kept the first verse the same from the song I chose which is from the Hunger Games called "The Hanging Tree". But then I wrote the rest myself based on our thriller, which will inform the audience about what it is generally about. However, I made sure to not reveal everything and ask one simple question which is, Will the protagonist survive his ordeal and beat the devil? Or will he be defeated by the devil?

No comments:

Post a Comment