Thursday 3 March 2016

Trailer for A Soul's Redemption

Trailer for A Soul's Redemption from Elsie Williamson on Vimeo.

I have made a short trailer for our film with Widows Movie Maker. The reason I have done this is because it lets the audience get a glimpse to what the film is really about. I think it will help market our film because cinema companies may watch it and be interested.  This may lead to them wanting to show it at their cinemas. While it will help distribute the film because by watching a trailer more people will be interested in it. We can also upload the trailer to a wide range of social media such as Youtube, Vimeo and even Facebook to bring in the attention of more people. Our trailer could also be shown on the big screen to a captive audience and also be put at the front of DVD's of the same genre to boost the amount of people seeing the trailer. Therefore, our film will be spoken about through social media which could mean people from all around the world seeing our thriller film trailer, sharing their opinions.

Most of the footage I used was from the day I went out alone with the actor and then decided that for  the actual opening there was better footage. Although this is not clear because I neatly edited them and cut the bits which were not very good. I am now glad that I fimed extra shots because it enabled me to create this trailer. This is the background music I used: https://soundcloud.com/unseenmusic/dramatic-epic-piano-orchestral and the beginning violin sound clip is my own work because it is my brother playing the violin (the actor). I also had his full consent to use the clip of when he was younger. I put this in black and white to show that it was a flashback but also to make the film seem more realistic because it is the actual actor as a happy young child. Therefore, it makes the following shot more effective because it shows him upset and distressed. This shows how much he has changed since becoming possessed by the devil.  

When I showed this to the rest of my group we decided to not put our names in.The reason for this is because in trailers they usually only advertise the actors. However, are roles have changed to what we originally put them out to be. Connor is the cameraman, Annabel is the editor and I am the writer and director.  

No comments:

Post a Comment